Mumbai Diary -- Part 1

Saturday,
06:30 Hrs

The bus finally arrived ,as usual 20 mins late and pulled up along the sidewalk. As I got in I found a damn cute girl staring right at me and suddenly she stared smiling! At that moment I realized that I was the one who had smiled first and I still was ! By that time I had found my seat diagonally opposite to hers across the passageway. I kept my bag and I dont know why I gave a quick glance towards her seat and whoha she was smiling at me , again !! Shaking my head I plugged in my ear phones and dozed off.

In my sleep I felt as if something was crawling on my hand. I reluctantly opened my eyes and found a kid, standing in the passageway, dragging his Hot Wheels car on my hand, trying hard to match the dragging with the Vroommmm-Vroommmm sound he was making. I gave a jerk to my hand and shooshed him away to his parents. It was at this very point I realized that the bus wasn't moving !

I went like what the hell just happened, where am I. The driver was missing, so was his helper, the AC was on , of the bus was empty and yeah that cute chick was sleeping like a log.Wow !! She looked even prettier in her sleep. Legs crossed, one hand over the other , head back , sigh. Coming back to my senses I inquired a bit and some person told me pointing through the window "White dress, in front of the police chowky, thats our driver". No one seemed to know anything much so I thought I'll get there and find things out my self. So I put on my glares and a step out of the bus where I was welcomed by a burst of hot-hot air which reminded me that summer was here. The constable in charge , called Shinde saheb by the others, told me that our driver had no license and that they were not letting him go anytime soon. The helper assured me that a new someone will arrive in about an hour or may be late and only then the bus will move. Without a word I turned around went back to the bus , determined not to travel without the AC in the hot-n-humid climate.

Once I was in, I overheard that kid (the one with the car) " Dad, when are we gonna reach Water Kingdom ?" I told them that the bus wont move for another hour so they might wanna leave early. They seemed to like the idea and started packing things up. I was back on my seat ready to doze off again and suddenly a sweet voice called from behind "Excuse me , excuse me " I turned around and whoha it was that cute chick.

She : You just had a talk with the driver right ?

Me : Yup

She: So whats the news ?

Me : The bus ain't moving for another hour may be even late.

She : Oh my god, I am getting late. would you mind sharing an auto ? I have to go till Andheri.

Wrongly reading my blank face she added after a brief pause " Ohh east, Andheri east. Thats two stops from here"

Watch this space for part -2
2 comments:

Woooow man!!!! super eagerly awaiting the part 2!

PS : Hope you didnt tell her you are in IT.


Post a Comment

Followers