Reclaim your life !

Just reached Indore, ate until I was more than full and as usual switched on the TV and found a TATA Safari Dicor commercial being aired. It started something like this :

When you look back on your life, what would you remember ?
-- The corner office ?
-- The corporate Powerplays ?
-- The VIP lounge ?

What would you remember ?

TATA Safari Dicor -- Reclaim Your life.

When I asked the same questions to myself, to my utter surprize I was left dumbfounded like a starled animal, like a donkey to be precise. When I reflected back on my life I found a million incidents and occurences worth remembering but the forseeable future looks unpromising. A friend of mine always keeps joking  "Tu apne baccho ko kya batayega ki tune life main kya kiya ??"  She might find it a joke but this question does makes me restless (not the kids part but the life part of it )but I dont think I can help it much. I'm stuck here and I'll have todo something, like kinda reclaim my stuff...





5 comments:

Exceptionally well made ad. Slams the message right across.
The original DICOR ("always wanted to quit on a monday morning") always gave me the goosebumps whenever I saw it. The Safari ads are quite amongst the best in the industry.
Its all the more relevant now that I have been an IT Donkey for more time than I would have cared to become.

cliche : What if we are still doing this when we are 50?


That question pierces right through the grey matter and challenges your very existence. You do not exist when in IT. Moreover, nowadays, the companies wont let you exist even if you want to, but that's a different story...


HOW? HOW!!! How can you possibly be doing whatever you are doing right now (!) till you are 50!


Ohh well.... whatever I am doing already makes me feel that i am nearing retirement.


Exactly lady, I cant do crappy stuff all my life. Thanks for the much needed motivation. This makes me recall the following dialogue frm the flick Rocky Balboa :
Life (IT in our case ) will beat you to your knees and make sure you stay that way. You will have to fight back !
I am gonna fight and reclaim my life the only question is HOW ?


Post a Comment

Followers